Monday, November 24, 2008

PART VI

I spoke with Dr. Greene about my secondary tests. It's all clean except for one lesion on my spine and the B12 questions I have. We had a really great conversation (she gave me her personal cell, who does that?) about the meds, alternative treatments, my other doctors, and she is open to all options for treatment. I have to say it's unbelievable how I have fallen in with the doctors I have. I consider myself very lucky. We are going to meet on the 28th to discuss the meds in depth and review what I plan to do moving ahead. In the meantime she will forward everything to my two other doctors and get them all talking next week.
 
I have decided not to take any meds and see how things go for 6 months to a year. I plan to go with the swank diet, meditation (helped me alot), and exercise. The diet itself has not been hard to adapt to. The only problem is making sure I get my 20 unsaturated. Moving ahead I plan to continue to educate myself on MS as much as I can and keep my mind open to any new natural treatments I may come across. It will be interesting to see if Dr. Qutab has any dietary adjustments based on my blood tests and history.  
 
Once everything is solidified I will give you another update.  
 
My follow up test results are as follows.
No Lyme
No Lupus
No Thyroid
No Syphillis
No Celiac antibodies (in the family and can have an effect with meds)
No inflammation markers
B12 is good at 800 ( I am taking 8000 a day so I have some questions here)
 
MRI
1 small plaque (lesion) on the spine at C2-3, off left of midline

No comments:

Post a Comment