Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My start with CCSVI and the Liberation Treatment

As some of you know I started on the path to getting the Liberation Treatment. The updates I post will help you learn more about CCSVI and the procedure, and might help those who are undecided whether or not to pursue treatment. However, because of the United States' stance (don't get me started) on CCSVI and the Liberation Treatment, information like the exact location(s), doctor(s) etc. will be kept VERY general.

My current MS related issues are: extreme fatigue, temperature intolerance (hot & cold), cognitive lapses, optic neuritis, leg cramps, numbness, shooting pain, diminished skin sensitivity. Everyday is a new day with varying issues from this list. Most of you with MS already know waking up everyday there is a period of self examination to sort out what type of day it is going to be.

It was a long process for me to sort out if I wanted to have the treatment or not. My wife and I have done extensive research on it and I have given it a ton of consideration (understatement). The sooner you are treated the better. Waiting to decline and experiencing more issues serves no purpose whatsoever. Angioplasty is done every day all over the world. I suspect some might be hesitant or scared to some degree. Personally, the *scared* part can't come in to it. I do have my have second thoughts, but all of it needs to be put aside so I can move forward. This "procedure" will help me, my everyday life and my wife (how she does it, is amazing). That's what matters.

Below are the landmarks so far.

6-14-10 marks the first steps taken towards CCSVI testing and treatment. Have to say I was a bit nervous about getting things going. I called the doctor and have been put officially on the waiting list. I should hear back from the office within 72 hours.

6-17-10 I received a call from the doctor's office (more nerves). They recorded all my information and will investigate whether the procedure might be covered in part by my insurance company. There are few insurance companies covering the necessary tests and treatment for Venous Malformation (NOT MS) at this time. I find it really disappointing that someone can walk in off the street with vein and artery issues and be treated, but if the words MS come up it's forbidden. The doctor will call personally in 3-4 weeks to discuss the process in depth

7-6-10 I received an email confirming my place on the waiting list. Next up will be a phone call from the doctor with the exact date for my treatment!

To help me afford this treatment I put together a new website, LiberateDave.com. My purpose in developing this site was twofold: to help people understand CCSVI as well as to raise money for my own Liberation Treatment. Please check out the CCSVI section, there is a lot of good information, videos and links. I will be updating it constantly.

I want to thank everyone who has already shown extraordinary compassion and generosity.
I absolutely could not do this without you.


Please feel free to contact me any time with any questions you may have on CCSVI or what's going on with me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment